RULES TO LIVE BY IN COMBAT SEARCH AND RESCUE AND SPECIAL OPS FLYING a.k.a. DICTA HAMAN
- Always assume the bad guys are smarter than you.
- You’ll live longer by being sneaky and stealthy than if you are brave and bold.
- Be unpredictable. Predictability gets you killed.
- Always have one more viable alternative than the bad guys.
- Expect the unexpected. That’s why you have so many alternatives worked out.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for all the help you need, and then use it wisely.
- The best way to demonstrate your skill in the cockpit is by completing the mission
and bringing everyone home alive and the machine undamaged.
- Plan your own missions. Don’t ever let anyone plan it for you unless they will be
sitting in the cockpit with you.
- Build your own intelligence picture to augment/clarify what the spooks tell you.
- Complacency is as dangerous as the enemy and just as deadly.
- Teamwork keeps you alive, individuality gets you killed.
Rule 12 and most important, dying is an individual event and is to be avoided whenever possible.