RULES TO LIVE BY IN SPECIAL OPS FLYING a.k.a. DICTA HAMAN
- Always assume the bad guys are smarter than you.
- You’ll live longer by being sneaky and stealthy than if you are brave and bold.
- Be unpredictable. Predictability gets you killed.
- Always have one more viable alternative than the bad guys.
- Expect the unexpected. That’s why you have so many alternatives worked out.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for all the help you need, and then use it wisely.
- The best way to demonstrate your skill in the cockpit is by completing the mission
and bringing everyone home alive and the machine undamaged.
- Plan your own missions. Don’t ever let anyone plan it for you unless they will be
sitting in the cockpit with you.
- Build your own intelligence picture to augment/clarify what the spooks tell you.
- Complacency is as dangerous as the enemy and just as deadly.
- Teamwork keeps you alive, individuality gets you killed.
Dying is an individual event and is to be avoided whenever possible.
In the February issue of the U.S. Naval Institute’s magazine, Proceedings, the question was asked “What foreign invention or innovation do you think most affected the U.S. naval service?” It is a very interesting question and three inventions come to mind. The first...
As someone who grew up in Europe, I wasn’t a football fan until later in life. To put things in perspective, when Super Bowl I was played, I was a junior in college. As a ski and auto racing and soccer (Europeans call it football because it is played with one’s feet)...
Way back in the beginnings of our country, our Founding Fathers fought the British for eight long years. Our involvement in World War I was less than two years. We were involved covertly an overtly for five plus years for World War II. The Vietnam War was the first...
MARC LIEBMAN, AUTHOR & SPEAKER
Marc is an experienced pilot and writer whose career as a Naval Officer and Naval Aviator, business executive, consultant and entrepreneur helped him fulfill his dream of becoming a novelist. In the novels, Marc creates stories with rich, interesting characters and puts them in the proper historical and operational context. His books are memorable, exciting and fun to read.
HISTORICAL & MILITARY FICTION
Big Mother 40
PRESS Marc is available for interviews, conferences on a limited basis and book signings.
BOOK SALES Retailers, Distributors and Library Services Wholesale distribution is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.