RULES TO LIVE BY IN SPECIAL OPS FLYING a.k.a. DICTA HAMAN
- Always assume the bad guys are smarter than you.
- You’ll live longer by being sneaky and stealthy than if you are brave and bold.
- Be unpredictable. Predictability gets you killed.
- Always have one more viable alternative than the bad guys.
- Expect the unexpected. That’s why you have so many alternatives worked out.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for all the help you need, and then use it wisely.
- The best way to demonstrate your skill in the cockpit is by completing the mission
and bringing everyone home alive and the machine undamaged.
- Plan your own missions. Don’t ever let anyone plan it for you unless they will be
sitting in the cockpit with you.
- Build your own intelligence picture to augment/clarify what the spooks tell you.
- Complacency is as dangerous as the enemy and just as deadly.
- Teamwork keeps you alive, individuality gets you killed.
Dying is an individual event and is to be avoided whenever possible.
I finished the first draft of the book tentatively called The Assassin a few days ago.. You can read about the process of how it came about, some of the challenges I faced while writing it in a blog that you can find on this link -...
While slaving away on a new manuscript called The Assassin, the words obsessive compulsive behavior kept popping into my mind. Plots, sub-pots, character conversations and actions, location ideas, timing were consuming both my conscious and unconscious brain. Creating...
Way back in the late 1980s, I tried to write a novel called The Kuril Wedge Incident and never finished it. For many reasons, the plot didn’t work. Then, I started on Moscow Airlift that I have written about in this blog in the three “Manuscript Resurrection” entries....
MARC LIEBMAN, AUTHOR & SPEAKER
Marc is an experienced pilot and writer whose career as a Naval Officer and Naval Aviator, business executive, consultant and entrepreneur helped him fulfill his dream of becoming a novelist. In the novels, Marc creates stories with rich, interesting characters and puts them the proper historical and operational context. His books are memorable, exciting and fun to read.
HISTORICAL & MILITARY FICTION
Big Mother 40
PRESS Marc is available for interviews, conferences on a limited basis and book signings.
BOOK SALES Retailers, Distributors and Library Services Wholesale distribution is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.