Books in Development
THE KURILE WEDGE INCIDENT
STATUS: One more read through before it goes to a publisher sometime in the spring of 2017.
- North Korean generals set up heroin factory on Soviet occupied Kurile Island
- Kim Jong-il wants to base ICBMS on the island in return for “supporting” the drug factory
- North Koreans shoot down an American surveillance plane
FLIGHT OF THE PAWNEE
STATUS: Written, awaiting update due to lessons learned from other books.
- Al Qaeda wants to kill more American’s than on 9/11
- Josh is recently retired
- Takes place in North Texas
STATUS: Finished first major edit. Needs a second edit.
- Russia is out of food, generals are selling tactical nukes & KGB planning a coup
- Josh is member of CNO “rat pack”
STATUS: First draft about two-thirds completed.
- Al Qaeda is stealing missiles for mass shoot down of airliners and attack on the U.S. electrical grid
- President doesn’t believe al Qaeda is capable because Bin Laden is dead
- Josh is asked to look at the intel and determine if the threat is real
STATUS: First draft of the manuscript finished.
- Tale of four men – an AF pilot; a Holocaust survivor; an NKVD officer; and an SS officer wanted for war crimes
- Unknowingly, their lives bring them closer together
- Paths cross when the wife of the AF officer becomes friends with the wife of the SS officer who is being hunted by the Holocaust survivor and former NKVD officer
I finished the first draft of the book tentatively called The Assassin a few days ago.. You can read about the process of how it came about, some of the challenges I faced while writing it in a blog that you can find on this link -...
While slaving away on a new manuscript called The Assassin, the words obsessive compulsive behavior kept popping into my mind. Plots, sub-pots, character conversations and actions, location ideas, timing were consuming both my conscious and unconscious brain. Creating...
Way back in the late 1980s, I tried to write a novel called The Kuril Wedge Incident and never finished it. For many reasons, the plot didn’t work. Then, I started on Moscow Airlift that I have written about in this blog in the three “Manuscript Resurrection” entries....
MARC LIEBMAN, AUTHOR & SPEAKER
Marc is an experienced pilot and writer whose career as a Naval Officer and Naval Aviator, business executive, consultant and entrepreneur helped him fulfill his dream of becoming a novelist. In the novels, Marc creates stories with rich, interesting characters and puts them the proper historical and operational context. His books are memorable, exciting and fun to read.
HISTORICAL & MILITARY FICTION
Big Mother 40
PRESS Marc is available for interviews, conferences on a limited basis and book signings.
BOOK SALES Retailers, Distributors and Library Services Wholesale distribution is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.